Deeeep In Thought!

Deeeep In Thought!
Too much sun, though!

Dave's Pages

Now We're Talking!

Welcome to the Blog! Here you'll find content relevant to men's self-esteem, Jewish religious/cultural traditions, life growing up in Long Island (specifically South Nassau), and adjustments to married life!

Search/Find

Thursday, May 12, 2011

Travelling Far

One perk of my job is that it gives me the opportunity to visit far-away places, rather than only the city where the office is located.  I enjoy doing it for several reasons:

(1)  It shows our client that we are willing to go anywhere and everywhere our firm is needed to provide the best representation.  Many are rewarded for going the "extra mile," so why not earn rewards for going an extra 100 miles?

(2)  It keeps me stimualted by varying the background and the landscape of my work.  Granted, there are many attorneys who become "regulars" because they show up at the same courthouse, day in and day out, for their entire careers.  Hats off to them, but why would you want to be a regular at only one venue when you could be recognized and respected in several of them?

(3)  It increases my contacts.  The more people in other venues know me and respect me, the more valulabe I become, and the more respect I cultivate for my client.

Besides, I'm getting close to accumulating the equivalent of frequent-flyer miles on Amtrak.  Can't beat that with a stick!

The downside, of course, is that it takes me away from my wife.  She's no housewife or stay-at-home spouse, mind you, she's very active.  She is a freelancer in an industry that I won't identify here, but I will say that it brings her a great deal of exposure and fame.  I've seen some of her work firsthand, and I have nothing but love and respect for the lady.  Point being, she's not lonely, but I know she misses me, as I miss her too.

Fortunately, I'll be back with her tonight, to renew our usual routine.  Hon, if you're reading this, please know that I'm thinking about you, OK?

Everyone else, feel free to comment here or on Facebook!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Tell RunningLaw What's Up!