Deeeep In Thought!

Deeeep In Thought!
Too much sun, though!

Dave's Pages

Now We're Talking!

Welcome to the Blog! Here you'll find content relevant to men's self-esteem, Jewish religious/cultural traditions, life growing up in Long Island (specifically South Nassau), and adjustments to married life!

Search/Find

Sunday, January 30, 2011

Lady I'll Come Home

Dear Lady I've been away too long.
I've bragged and I've boasted, and still got it wrong.
I've traveled the world, but left you behind.
If only I'd stayed, you'd only be too kind.

I was not true to my own self.
Your compassion I left way behind on the shelf.
I aroused conflict and left excuses for hating.
And took it for granted you'd still be there waiting.

As Peer Gynt had Solveig, I wandered around,
While you remained hopeful, but only homebound.
To expect your forgiveness like she gave to him,
Obviously, the prospects are grim.

True, you waited enough, lots more than you needed.
Your expectations I left unheeded.
For the pain that I caused you, you deserve awards.
If only I'd silenced my vocal chords.

But I promise you, Lady, I will return.
What's left of the old me is sealed in an urn.
I'll restore the respect and happiness we knew.
Your joy will be great and your grievances few.

But believe and trust me, I'll make it right!
Where there was darkness, I'll bring new light!
I'll make you my Queen, and me your good Squire!
I'll fulfill all that your Heart may Desire!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Tell RunningLaw What's Up!