Deeeep In Thought!

Deeeep In Thought!
Too much sun, though!

Dave's Pages

Now We're Talking!

Welcome to the Blog! Here you'll find content relevant to men's self-esteem, Jewish religious/cultural traditions, life growing up in Long Island (specifically South Nassau), and adjustments to married life!

Search/Find

Saturday, November 13, 2010

Sorry, I'm back now!

Hey, all. Couldn't post this last Sunday because I ran the marathon. After that, I was too pooped to blog!

Also, for the first time in my running career, I didn't take off the week, or even the day, after the race. I would have liked to, but now that I'm married, I can't make these decisions unilaterally. The Lady wanted me to choose vacation days where she would also be free so we could spend them together, hey, can't fault her for that.

Now, about the race. I knew I wasn't going to be true to form this year. Moving to a new apartment and getting married usually take precedence over marathon training. That being said, I still felt a little embarrassed when someone I hadn't seen in over 20 years posted my mediocre time on Facebook. Thanks for the good intentions, but I don't like advertising to the world that I got a slower time than the last marathon I ran.

(just for the record, my PR was at the Philadelphia Marathon in 2008: 3:48!)

I really haven't been running as much as before -- I've even gained a few pounds. For me, that shouldn't be a big deal, but when all of your jeans are size 32, they get a little uncomfortable, LOL

Going back to what I said above, I need to take my vacation days before the end of the year, because my job does not allow me to "recycle" them to the next calendar year. This has been a good year at work, but I've also been working very hard. I'm carrying one client's account on my back, to put it short. I am the workers' compensation master at the office -- I train and counsel all the attorneys who go on my hearings, I give the client the best legal advice they need, and it's earned me some success, which is nice, and some RESPECT, which is better.

Still, good old David needs to "max & relax," like they said back in the day. And when I say relax, that doesn't mean, "Oh boy, let me find a menial household task to perform!" My definition of relaxing is the OPPOSITE of finding more work to do. There are people out there who do not need "me" time or "alone" time, but I AM NOT ONE OF THEM! I need to "veg!" I need to "chill!" I need to just "tune out" for a while -- what's wrong with that?

Haven't studies shown that when you spend time alone doing nothing, you feel refreshed? Isn't that re-charging your batteries? You better believe it is. And if you had a desk at work that looked like mine, you'd want to relax too!

One thing's for sure -- I know we'll both relax when we visit both our parents for Thanksgiving this year! My folks are so great, they practically roll out the red carpet for us!

Well, that's all I got -- and like Lionel says, feel free to comment!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Tell RunningLaw What's Up!