Deeeep In Thought!

Deeeep In Thought!
Too much sun, though!

Dave's Pages

Now We're Talking!

Welcome to the Blog! Here you'll find content relevant to men's self-esteem, Jewish religious/cultural traditions, life growing up in Long Island (specifically South Nassau), and adjustments to married life!

Search/Find

Sunday, October 31, 2010

The Year's Running Dry . . . .

Good Eeeeeve-uh-ning. Toniiiiiight is dee niiiiight, ven dee MOOOOOOON is fullll, and all dee creeeeatures of dee night come out, hahahahahahahahahaaaaaaaaaaaa!

Yes, I'm watching the Halloween parade on TV -- after all, it's Sunday night, and the rest of us who are not ghosts and goblins (or just don't have kids) have to get to bed early tonight for work tomorrow.

Next week is the NYC marathon. I've barely trained for it at all -- of course, things like getting married do sometimes take precedence over a training schedule, so I'm sure the running gods will absolve if I'm somewhat less prepared this year. I still was able to do a 20-miler a few weeks ago just by taking it at a sub-commute pace (those of us who ran with Team For Kids and Race With Purpose know what I mean). I'll just have to take it super-super easy this year.

From now on, the odd-numbered years, like next year, will be my "qualifying year." That means, instead of running the NYC, I'll do my 9 qualifying NYRR races (and one volunteering race), spread throughout the year, leaving me free to go on vacation during the summer. During the even-numbered years, I'm training for real. I might not have the time to train with RWP or any other group, but I'll have a program that I'll stick to like mad, a diet that I won't deviate from (except for a post-long run reward). I'm married, and that means I have more responsibilities, but dammit, I'm a runner, and that'll never change! When I don't run at least every other day, my legs get stiff and tight, and my chill/flow/qi/mojo disappears! I need my fix, baby, I'm addicted for life!

And to all my teammates from TFK 2005 & 2006, and RWP 2007 & 2008, good luck to everybody this year who's running NYC! Can't wait to see y'all at Fort Wadsworth, hitting the bridge, cruising through Brooklyn, booking it up First Avenue, and racing through the Park to Tavern On The Green (or whatever it's now called).

Good niiiiight, my children, hahahahahaaaaaaaaaaaaa

No comments:

Post a Comment

Tell RunningLaw What's Up!